Digitalis is a medication prescribed to certain heart patients. Digitalis toxicity is a complication of digitalis therapy, or it may be occur when someone takes too much of the drug at one time. (This is called an acute ingestion.) Digitalis is made from the plant Foxglove (see my post earlier this week Folksglove). To me it is interesting that certain medicines can also be poison if too much is ingested. One of the reasons to grow this plant in a mountain garden is that animals will not eat it and therefore the Deer and Rabbits stay away form your garden. You can buy a print of this image at my commercial gallery.